PRODUCT | Stonefield Query by Stonefield Systems Group Inc
News Flash: Version 4.0 of Stonefield Query for GoldMine is now available!
Among the new features are:
- Output to Pivot Table (MS Excel) -- A new file output type is available: Microsoft Excel PivotTable. This type, which is available for cross-tab reports, creates an Excel PivotTable formatted the same as the cross-tab report, but you can use Excel to change or pivot the report as necessary.
- Customize the joins (relationships) -- You can now customize the relationships between tables in a report without having to edit the SQL statement for the report. To do this, click the Advanced button in Step 2 of the report wizards to bring up the Customize dialog and in step 2, you’ll see the new join editor. Note that this only appears if there is more than one table in the report (i.e. a join is needed). This should mostly eliminate the need to customize the SQL statement for a report.
StoneField has a new release, version 4.0. View all the new features!
Three versions of Stonefield Query have been created for FrontRange: one for GoldMine Business Contact Manager (using dBase data files), one for GoldMine Sales and Marketing (using SQL Server) and one for HEAT. All of these products have been certified by FrontRange Solutions.
Stonefield Query is a powerful query builder and report writer. In May 2000, the reporting engine in Stonefield Query was awarded the Developer's Choice award for Best Reporting Tool at the DevCon 2000 Connections conference in New Orleans, sponsored by Microsoft.
Stonefield Query has a simple "wizard" interface. After selecting a report from the list of available reports, you can select the sort order, enter filter conditions, and select where the output should go (printer, disk file, spreadsheet, screen preview, etc.).
In addition to running one of more than 50 pre-defined reports, you can create your own "quick" reports in just minutes. Simply select which fields to report on from the list of available fields (full English descriptions rather than cryptic names and symbols), and you're done! You don't have to know complex stuff like join conditions; Stonefield Query takes care of that for you.
For finer control, you can select how each field should appear from a "Field Properties" dialog, including column heading, grouping, and totaling. The easy-to-use query dialog allows you to include or exclude specific records. Use the sort page to order the information how you need it. Finally, save the report so you can edit it, copy it, or make it available to others to run.
Features for everyone, including GoldMine users:
- Choose from four different report types: Quick Reports (row and column layout), Cross-Tabulation Reports (like pivot tables, for analysis), Charts/Graphs (pie, bar, etc.) and Labels (mailing, barcode, etc).
- Exclusion filters: this allows you to query on the absence of data, such as "give me a list of customers I didn't contact last year" or "give me a list of everyone who did not buy product X". Behind the scenes, Stonefield Query generates a NOT IN subquery, but from the end-user's perspective, it's just as easy as creating a normal filter.
- Live Links: This allows you to create reports that drill down to other reports (for example, clicking on a customer name to show the sales for that customer) or automatically bring up someone's email address in your email program or Web site in your browser.
- Output Options: Stonefield Query supports output to comma-delimited (CSV), Image Formats (.bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .png, .tiff), Microsoft Excel® (XLS), Microsoft Word® (DOC), Open Office (Calc & Writer), PDF, Rich Text Format (RTF), Table Format (DBF), Text (.txt), Web Page (HTML), XML, and XPS (.xps).
- Report Templates: Choose from one of the supplied templates or use the Template Editor to build your own.
- Report Sample: See a snapshot of what the report looked like the last time you ran it.
- Report Scheduler: Automate reports that need to go out on a regular basis.
- Report Preview: See what the report will look like at each step of the report building process. There's no need to save and exit before viewing.
- Role-based Security: Control access to a single report, group of reports, and/or specific modules by assigning users to groups. This allows you to restrict access to sensitive data.
- Email Reports: Use a SMTP or MAPI email client to quickly email reports through Stonefield Query.
- Label Wizard: Select any data in your system and choose from 87 different Avery label formats.
- Advanced Report Designer: Customize the report layout beyond the report wizard settings using the Advanced Report Designer for complete report control.
- Allows user to control font, color, alignment, heading, and column width for each field with a mouse click.
- Allows user to group and sort on any field with a mouse click.
- Automatically adjust's a fields column width to match the widest amount of data in the column. No time lost adjusting and aligning fields.
- Unlimited Reports: Create an unlimited number of reports.
- Favorites: Save frequently used reports into your user-specific Favorites folder for quick access.
- Customize SQL Select: Stonefield Query automatically generates a SQL Select statement for the report once fields have been selected. Advanced users can customize the statement if desired.
- Detailed Help File: Read through our detailed online help or our 240+ page PDF reference manual. Topics include Tutorials, Using Stonefield Query, Menu Functions, How To, and Frequently Asked Questions.
Features dedicated to GoldMine users:
- All fields (even user-defined fields) appear with the caption you've assigned (global or local label) rather than the field name or 'User-Defined 2'.
- Fields are organized into logical groups (matching the tabs that appear in GoldMine) rather than their actual tables.
- Contacts, History, and Details information is displayed as you expect it, rather than in the overloaded tables in which the data is actually stored. For example, sales fields, such as Price and Amount, are displayed correctly as numeric values rather than the character values that are actually stored in the GoldMine database. Email and Web site are displayed as Contacts fields in addition to Details. Doing this in other report writers is either not possible at all or requires very complex SQL SELECT statements.
- Although forecasted and completed sales records are stored in the Calendar and History files, respectively, Stonefield Query includes Forecasted Sales and Sales History tables, making it much easier to get at sales records without having to filter Calendar or History on the record type.
- Detail types you've customized (such as assigning headings for Fields 1 - 8 or creating tabs for) in GoldMine appear as separate tables in Stonefield Query for GoldMine, showing only the appropriate information for the detail type rather than all details records. Even better, if you use Details Plus, a GoldMine add-on product from Solica Consulting, Stonefield Query will use the customized headings and data types you specify in Details Plus, allowing you to, for example, properly filter on date values and sum numeric values.
- Support for GoldMine 6.0 and later: HTML tags in Calendar and History notes are automatically removed.
- If address information for other contact records is blank, the address information for the main contact is automatically displayed.
- Pre-defined calculated fields, such as City/State/Zip (combined into a single concise field, handy for labels and envelopes), make it easier to report on the data you want.
- Stonefield Query can create groups in GoldMine.
- Multi-Database Support: A single report can be run against each of your GoldMine databases without making changes to the report.
- Stonefield Query for GoldMine can report on information in QuoteWerks, a quoting system that integrates seamlessly with GoldMine.
$1200/1 User or $49.95/month
$300/1 User or $14.95/month
Report Designer for HEAT:
$2400/1 User or $119.95/month
Runtime for HEAT:
$600/1 User or $34.95/month
Includes one year of required software maintenance
- GoldMine Business Contact Manager 5.x, GoldMine Sales and Marketing and HEAT, respectively.
- Works with all GoldMine versions from 4.0 up to the current version.
provided by Stonefield Query